Kamil Khan Mumtaz Architects is among the most highly regarded architectural practices of Pakistan.
With over 40 years of experience.
With a portfolio of Residential, Institutional, Religious, Conservation, Interior Design, Urban Planning & Urban Design Projects.
Kamil Khan Mumtaz
1.Re-established (1966) 5-year course in architecture at National College of Arts, Lahore.
2. Led consultants team in preparing Lahore Urban Development & Traffic Study: including long and short term planning framework for metropolitan area of Lahore; and upgrading of Walled City.
3. Author of books “Architecture in Pakistan” and “Modernity and Tradition”
4. Contributed chapters and articles to several publications on heritage and contemporary issues of architecture.
5. Founder President of Anjuman Mimaran: pioneered research, documentation, raising awareness of architectural heritage of Pakistan.
6. Founder member of Lahore Conservation Society.
7. Member of Steering Committee of the Aga Khan Award for Architecture (1981-1984).
8. Visiting Critic at Aga Khan Program for Islamic Architecture at Harvard and MIT 1988.
9. Member Scientific Committee for “Barcelona’ 96”, International Union of Architects.
10. Member Board of Governors, Lok Virsa.
11. Awarded Tamgha-i-lmtiaz (1993).
Architectural Design; Urban Planning; History of Architecture in Pakistan;Architectural Education.
Education: AA.Dip in Architecture, (from the Architectural Association Inc., London)
Post Graduate Certificate in Tropical Architecture, London 1963.
Memberships: Member of the Architectural Association Incorporated, London. (1957-66).
Associate of the Royal Institute of British Architects (1966-70).
Associate of the Institute of Architects Pakistan.
Registered Architect with Pakistan Council of Architects and Town Planners.